» Health & Wellness Ministry
Health & Wellness Ministry
About the Health and Wellness Ministry
Group bike trip
In John 10:10 Jesus says, “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” Medical science may add years to our life span but faith in Christ centers us in abundant life each day.
We believe a vibrant life of faith is grounded in the well-being of body and psyche. In 2001, the Health and Wellness Ministry was formed to assist members in living the connection between faith and wellness, mind, body and spirit in ministry to oneself and others. We value Christian traditions of healing, emerging strides in the health sciences, and ministering to families and members across the life span.
The Health Ministry Commission encourages all to:
- deepen faith practices through mindfulness, healthy life style choices, balance in work and personal life.
- seek Healing, comfort and guidance offered by faith at times of crisis, grief and stress.
- build a healthy community through fellowship, service and Visitation.
Health Ministry events and healing opportunities
- Stroller walks for infants, toddlers and their parents
- Altar flower delivery to those needing a spiritual lift
- Workshops on parenting during the college years
- Weekend Retreats that offers a space to refresh energy and spirit. Come and give yourself the gift of silence, stillness and solitude.
- The Service of Light, a special Advent service for those experiencing a loss of joy during the holidays
- Health Ministry Lenten Healing Service and Visitation Sunday
- The Women’s Advent Gathering, an opportunity to share a meal together and to offer a gift for women in need.
- Sunday Afternoon Fellowship Teas honoring our elders and their families.
- Individual consults with Kathleen Zagata, Health Minister, regarding community resources, support with illness, mental health or addiction issues, and faith-based healing arts such as guided meditation prior to surgery or medical treatment.
If you wish to join the Health Ministry Commission, consult with the Health Minister, suggest a health related activity, share a community event, seek a graduate internship in Faith Community Nursing, or donate to the Health Ministry fund for services and programs, please contact Kathleen Zagata.
Learn more about Visitation, Healing, and other Health Ministry Programs.
Health & Wellness News